Job Title: BACKEND DEVELOPER
We are looking for a Backend Developer primarily responsible for supporting our data acquisition middleware and analysis platform. The middleware extracts data from building mechanical equipment systems and securely transfers that data to our SaaS hosting facility for subsequent analysis and reporting. The role of the Backend Developer will be to help plan, design, develop, test, deploy, configure and support this component of Talisen’s product.
- Location: St. Louis
- Education: B.S. or Equivalent
- Experience Required: 3-5 Years
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Status: Contractor to hire
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in ongoing design and development of the data collection middleware platform.
- Participate in ongoing design and development of the data analytics engine.
- Support customer data acquisition middleware deployments.
- 3-5 years NodeJS development experience
- Experience working with the customer to develop requirements
- Self-motivated person who takes the initiative to accomplish project goals
- Desire to learn new technologies
- CSV, XML, JSON parsing, splits and streams
- mySQL or mariaDB, working understanding SQL CRUD ops and transactions
- Moment / moment-timezone
- async, promises and async-wait
- Request (HTTP/HTTPS) and CRUD method ops
- Routes and controllers
- Deployment within a Linux environment
- OO programming
- RESTful APIs / JSON
- Jackson / XML
- linux / basic network skills
Interested in this position?
We would love to hear from you.
Talisen’s Recruiting Process.
Talisen is committed to a professional and secure HR recruiting process. Here are some important items to know when applying for a position with Talisen.
- Official Postings
All current openings can be validated on Talisen’s career page, accessible through Talisen’s main website.
- Official Communication
Talisen will ONLY contact candidates through official Talisen email domains, and our HR department is accessible through our main telephone number, 314-317-7700.
- Official Personnel
Never provide any personal information until you have confirmed the person you are speaking with is a Talisen employee.
- Official Interview
Talisen will always meet prospective candidates in person and/or engage in direct video sessions for any remote candidates.
What does Talisen offer?
Here are just a few things you can expect when you join our team.
- Team-centric atmosphere.
- Career & personal development.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Access to building fitness center.
- Company holidays, paid time off, sick leave.
- Tuition assistance or reimbursement.
- Disability benefits.