Job Title: BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEM (BAS) ANALYST
We are looking for a BAS Analyst who will be responsible for assessing and analyzing building control system data from various client sites to ensure that it is suitable for use in BAS analysis applications. They will be responsible for organizing the data from multiple BAS systems (Johnson Controls, Siemens, Tridium, Automated Logic and Trane, etc.).
The BAS Analyst will be responsible for editing BAS point information using online applications and spreadsheets to filter out any unnecessary points and organize the remaining building, equipment, and point data to be imported and analyzed using online user interfaces.
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required since the analyst will initially be required to use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets daily. The BAS Analyst must also use other Microsoft Office applications for reporting, e-mails, and presentations.
The BAS Analyst must read and interpret HVAC and related drawings and diagrams. They must be familiar with BAS user interfaces and capable of accessing BAS systems to verify that data is properly named and associated with the correct equipment in the analytics system.
After the initial data is loaded for each site, the BAS Analyst will be required to do end-to-end verification of the point data (BAS -> Analysis Application Interfaces).
The BAS Analyst will also be required to communicate with all levels of internal and external customer groups to complete multiple concurrent project goals. The position requires initiative and independence in carrying out assignments.
- Location: St. Louis
- Education: B.S. or Equivalent
- Experience Required: 5+ Years
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Status: Direct hire
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use online applications and Microsoft Office applications to analyze and organize point data.
- Use Building Automation Systems, blueprints, control schematics, manuals, and other specifications to verify proper end-to-end mapping of BAS points into the Analytics System.
- At least 5 years’ experience installing or working directly with building control systems and the HVAC equipment they control.
- Experience programming modern building control systems (e.g., JCI, Siemens, Honeywell, ALC) and configuring field devices.
- Knowledge of Building Automation/Control System user interfaces and BAS points.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage change and achieve good results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask successfully
- Familiarity with modern BAS communications protocols (BacNET, BacNET/IP, Modbus, Modbus/IP, OPC)
Interested in this position?
We would love to hear from you.
Talisen’s Recruiting Process.
Talisen is committed to a professional and secure HR recruiting process. Here are some important items to know when applying for a position with Talisen.
- Official Postings
All current openings can be validated on Talisen’s career page, accessible through Talisen’s main website.
- Official Communication
Talisen will ONLY contact candidates through official Talisen email domains, and our HR department is accessible through our main telephone number, 314-317-7700.
- Official Personnel
Never provide any personal information until you have confirmed the person you are speaking with is a Talisen employee.
- Official Interview
Talisen will always meet prospective candidates in person and/or engage in direct video sessions for any remote candidates.
What does Talisen offer?
Here are just a few things you can expect when you join our team.
- Team-centric atmosphere.
- Career & personal development.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Access to building fitness center.
- Company holidays, paid time off, sick leave.
- Tuition assistance or reimbursement.
- Disability benefits.