St. Louis based company to establish a foothold in Dubai with successful Enterprise Sustainability Platform (ESP).
Feb 09, 2016
In these days of acquisitions and mergers, Talisen Technologies, Inc. is growing their footprint in a different way by establishing a new international company that will promote and develop business opportunities for Talisen’s Enterprise Sustainability Platform (ESP) in the Middle East. The new company is Talisen International and they began operations on new projects in United Arab Emirates Dubai at the end of last year. Because of Dubai’s reputation for entrepreneurial innovation, their large number of development projects, as well as their growing need for large-scale energy management in the region, the timing was exactly right to expand.
George Brill, CEO of Talisen Technologies, Inc. said, “We are proud and excited to bring Talisen’s proven ESP solution to the Middle East. With some of the fastest economic growth and highest energy consumption in the world, managing energy in large building portfolios will be an important factor in the continued growth of the region.
With oil revenues decreasing at historic rates, legacy energy subsidies are disappearing as well. Talisen’s ESP provides executives with a tool that controls energy costs and keeps organizations profitable.”
The main significant factors in the timing of Talisen’s expansion in middle east are:
- The UAE’s regional economy is strengthening
- There is a global effort to manage energy consumption
- Strategic policy and goals for energy reductions by 2021 (UAE Vision 2021) have been established at the national leadership level
- Advances in data collection technologies and analytics technologies
- There are financial incentives to support the Policy as local energy subsidies are making their exodus
- Talisen’s Enterprise Sustainability Platform (ESP) has established a proven and referenceable track record
What is Enterprise Sustainability Platform (ESP)? Talisen’s ESP is built on its legacy technology to support clients with mission critical, enterprise IT infrastructure that are seeking ways to reduce energy costs. ESP was developed and implemented as a single technology platform that consolidates control system readings, utility billing, computer data and building meters over a portfolio of buildings, aiding customers who need to manage energy operations over large portfolios. Talisen’s enterprise management solutions are deployed across governmental, aerospace and healthcare markets and ESP is used as the benchmark for energy management for large portfolios.
Talisen currently is providing energy and facilities management for 12K+ buildings, 50M+ square feet, 800K+ utility bills and 1.5M+ work orders. Some of Talisen’s major projects are with the State of Missouri, New York Power Authority, City of Kansas City, MO and most recently a large healthcare organization with over 100 hospitals and 2,000 clinics.
Some interesting facts you might not know about the UAE and Dubai:
- Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in the world
- Buildings are responsible for 70% of the energy consumption in the UAE
- The UAE ranks sixth in the world for per capita carbon emissions
- Dubai is #6 in the world in the number of completed buildings
- Dubai is #1 in the Middle East and the UAE for completed buildings that are 150m+
- Dubai is also home to the world’s tallest skyscraper (Burj Khalifa), tallest hotel (JW Marriott Marquis Dubai) and tallest residential building (Princess Tower)
- 40% of the world’s total cranes are operating in the UAE
- Dubai has no address system, no zip codes, no area codes and no postal system
- Oil only constitutes for 6% of Dubai’s economy – it’s mainly based on real estate and tourism
Talisen Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1991 and headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri; Talisen is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and SBA Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Talisen is a recognized leader of systems integration for organizations with sophisticated networks, applications and security requirements.